Malta is an island Country located in Mediterranean Sea. Malta is a member of European Union since 2004 and enjoys stable political climate, growing economy and has one of the soundest bank system in world following the Switzerland Banking system.
How to get Malta Citizenship
Malta offers two programs for Individual Investors and the programs are very clear and easy to apply.
First one is Malta Individual Investor Program (IIP) is a Citizenship by investment program and details are as below:
Malta Citizenship by investment program is called Individual Investor Program (IIP) and it is often considered the most reputable economic passport in the world and one of the most transparent and safe investment process. IIP is a legitimate citizenship by investment program recognized by the European Commission.
- You must be over 18 and not an EU, EEA or Switzerland citizen.
- You have to have a clean criminal report
- You have to pass due dilligence test run by Government of Malta
- You have to be in good health
- The following contributions must be made within four months of being issued a Malta IIP Letter of Approval in Principle:
- Main applicant – €650,000
- Spouse – €25,000
- Minor children – €25,000 each
- Children 18-26 (unmarried) – €50,000 each
- Dependent parents & grandparents – €50,000 each
- Adult children (physically or mentally challenged) – €50,000 each
- You have to Purchase or Rent a Real Estate
Applicants must commit to retaining an immovable residence in Malta for a minimum time period of five years. This can be done by either buying a property in Malta for at least €350,000 and maintaining ownership for 5+ years, or by leasing a property for five years or more with a minimum annual rent of €16,000. Applicants must provide evidence of owning or leasing a property on the islands within four months of receiving a citizenship Malta Letter of Approval in Principle.
- You have to invest in Government Bonds
Before a person can be admitted for Maltese citizenship by investment, applicants are required to invest at least €150,000 in government approved financial instruments (bonds, stocks, and debentures that benefit the nation) and must commit to keeping the investment for at least five years.
- You have to live in Malta or own a property Malta for 12 months and then you are eligible to apply to Malta Citizenship Program.
- You do not need to spend all 365 days in Malta before citizenship is granted, Maltese law defines residence as “an intention to reside in Malta for any fiscal year, usually evidenced by a stay of a minimum of 183 days or by the purchase/rental of property together with a visit to Malta.” Consequently, upon purchasing or leasing an apartment or villa in the Mediterranean island nation and procuring a Malta residence card, applicants are not required to spend any time in Europe. Candidates who have been a resident of the country for at least one year prior to I.I.P. approval already satisfy this residency requirement and can subsequently become a citizen of Malta much faster.
Malta Individual Investor Program will cost you € 1,000,000
Second one is Malta Residency and Visa Program
There is second way of having rights to live in Malta and EU accodingly and it will cost you only € 147,000. This program is called Malta Residency and Visa Program and details are as below.
Malta Permanent Residency Requirements:
1) Over 18 years old and non-EU citizen
2) An annual income of Euro 100,000 or proof of assets of Euro 500,000
3) Purchase government bonds for Euro 250,000 OR Euro 80,000 as financing and rent a property for Euro 10,000 per annum for 5 years
4) No-criminal record
5) Health insurance
1) Children above 18, Unmarried, Financially dependent.
2) No age restriction
2) Parents of the principal applicant
3) Parents of the spouse
4) Grandparents of the principal applicant
5) Grandparents of the spouse
If you are interested in learning more about Malta Residency and Visa Program, please contact our team for a confidential consultation.